If you’re looking for the perfect location to hold your event, look no further than the world-class city of Manchester. Bursting with culture and boasting an outstanding transport infrastructure, the city has become a hub of creativity that makes it a stellar choice for hosting your conference or mutli-day event in the north.
If you need more convincing, check out these very persuasive reasons...
- Manchester is Europe’s third most influential European city. Factors considered include the size and economic output of the workforce, the skill-set of the talent pool as well as overall affordability of the city. It was only outranked by London and Paris based on size!
- Manchester Airport is the largest regional airport in the UK, serving 26 million passengers every year. With this kind of accessibility, your event can go global!
- Almost half of the North West’s top 5,000 business are in Manchester - the city prides itself on cultivating talent and encouraging start-ups. You’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to inviting local speakers and strengthening your list.
- On top of this, there are over 25,000 businesses in total with a higher growth rate than the national average, meaning you’ll be in good company.
- Manchester is considered the UK’s second capital city with the largest economy outside of London, perfect for budding businesses to get stuck into.
- There are as many as 8,000 digital and creative businesses in Greater Manchester, with £3bn economic output making it home to the largest digital and creative cluster outside of London.
- The prestigious Time Out publication ranked Manchester as the 7th most exciting city in the world, based on the incredible food, buzzing culture and unwavering friendliness.
- From being the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution, Manchester has always been at the forefront of advanced manufacturing. With over 114,000 people working in diverse sectors such as electronics systems, aerospace, defense, software engineering and transport, companies that set up here have access to a wealth of talent and innovation.
- On top of this, the operational costs in Manchester are 40% lower than London.
- Although commonly thought of as one of the rainiest cities in the UK, Manchester is actually below average rainfall - your event will be in with more of a chance of sunshine!
Where you choose to hold your event is massively important and there’s plenty of things to consider. Manchester offers a bright, vibrant and bustling base from which to host your event, whether it’s a business conference, annual meeting, product launch… The transport links, after-hours entertainment and hub of innovation all combine to help make your event one to remember.
Check out our comprehensive guide to hosting your event in Manchester, covering the low-down on accessibility, value for money and how to wow your guests with the incredible culture of the city.